Ignition System Services
From cracked distributor caps to worn out wires to blown spark plugs, there are many small parts which make a big difference to your ignition system. When these issues are not working, your car may not start. Failure to start can leave you trapped at home, at work or out running errands. To fix or prevent these issues, come in for maintenance at Westside Mechanical Graceville.
Why Choose Us
- Peace of Mind: All of the work we perform is backed with the Repco Nationwide Guarantee as we’re a Repco Authorised Service Centre.
- Great Mechanics: The mechanics at Westside Mechanical Graceville is kept up to date on all of the latest parts and services with ongoing training seminars and service bulletins thanks to Repco.
- Great Value: Our connection to local vendors in Graceville paired with our access to the Repco spare parts network helps us to give you the best service at the best price in Brisbane.
Ignition System Services from Westside Mechanical Graceville Include:
- Alternator Overhaul
- Battery Testing
- Alternator Repair
- Battery Replacement
- Compression Testing
- Distributerless Ignition Repair
- Battery Terminal Replacement
- Distributer Cap Replacement
- Centrifugal Advance Timing Adjustment
- Ignition Signal Sensor Timing Adjustment
- Vacuum Advance Timing Adjustment
- High Voltage Coil Lead Replacement
- Spark Plug Lead Replacement
- Ignition Module Replacement
- Starter Motor Replacement
- Ignition Switch Replacement
- Ignition Lead Replacement
- Ignition System Overhaul
- Spark Plug Replacement
Ignition System: Key Terms
There are many small parts which come together to make the ignition system in your car work. These small parts make take a charge from the battery use it to create a spark with the spark plugs which then ignites the fuel and then makes the engine fire. When there is a break in the system the car fails to come to life. Some of the top parts we look at in your ignition system include:
- Distributor Cap: Can wear out or crack and be filled with moisture making it fail.
- Ignition Signal Sensor: Faulty sensors can result in failure to start.
- Spark Plugs: Used to create the spark to ignite the fuel. Blown spark plugs can result in a slow start.
Let our team at Westside Mechanical Graceville repair your car today!